Dear Camelback Family and Friends,
The church board met on Thursday this week to talk about plans to reopen our doors to public worship again. Together we voted to reopen for weekly services on August 8, 2020. We will, of course, be following the same safety protocols that we implemented when we first opened two months ago before the spike in coronavirus hospitalizations in Arizona. Please see the church website for these details so that you know what to expect when you arrive.
Again, we encourage all who fall in one of the vulnerable categories to remain home. Now that our live stream issues are resolved, you can enjoy viewing our worship service at the same time as those in attendance. This way we can still worship together in spirit.
Your pastoral staff looks forward to seeing some of you again in person. And for those who decide to rejoin us sometime down the road when you feel more comfortable, we wait with eager anticipation of seeing your smiling face again.
God bless His church and us all who make up the beautiful body of Christ,
Release of Guidelines for Attendance When Church is Open
Here is the essential information to know before attending Camelback:
- Sabbath School will begin at 9:30; worship at 11:00.
- There will be no on-campus lower division Sabbath School classes at this time. You can enjoy these classes from home via Zoom.
- No one should feel obligated to return right away.
- We encourage all members that fit in any of the COVID-19 at-risk categories to remain home until the pandemic is over.
- Our video team will continue to live stream Sabbath School and the Worship Service.
- Masks are required for admittance in the sanctuary. Disposable masks are available on site.
- Physical distancing is required for seating and socializing while on site. Every other row in the sanctuary will be roped off.
- There will be no congregational singing for the time being.
- Tithes and offerings will be collected at the end of the service.
- Upon arrival, a team will ask you several questions and your temperature will be taken with a no-contact thermometer. This is to make sure that no one who has been recently exposed to COVID-19 or is currently symptomatic is allowed in the building to share the virus with others.
- Our deacon team will assist with the flow of traffic and physical distancing throughout the morning.
- Please bring water with you as the drinking fountains have been turned off.
- Our luncheon ministry has been suspended for the next few months.
Click here for a copy of the detailed list of guidelines: Reopening Guidelines