Celebrating Jesus by demonstrating Christian actions, speaking uplifting words, and encouraging women to be valued disciples.
Serve and grow women to minister to each other, the church family, and the community.
Embrace and support the women of Camelback SDA Church to have a personal relationship with Jesus and each other.
Women’s Ministries’ Mandate
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information
- Address the spiritual, emotional, physical, social, and socioeconomic needs
- Increase participation in all church activities and ministries
- Support hurting women
- Provide education on issues and relatable topics for women
- Mentor teen and young women
- Provide opportunities for women to deepen their faith, experience spiritual growth and renewal
- Build positive networks with other women within and out of the church setting
- Challenge SDA women to utilize their talents and spiritual gifts for the glory of God in the church, home, and community
The importance of wellness cannot be understated. Wellness involves the health of the whole: mind, body, and spirit. Wellness decreases stress, reduces likelihood of illness, and improves relationships.
Some Basic Principles of Health
- Eat nutritiously (many choose a plant-based diet).
- Exercise regularly and often to improve your body, mind, and spirit.
- Drink water to stay hydrated.
- Spend moderate time in sunlight.
- Practice temperance: Use good things moderately; avoid bad things.
- Exercise your lungs by inhaling deeply, breathing in pure air, and exhale slowly.
- Rest well, remembering that the best rest follows labor.
- Trust in the Divine Power as you make choices and seek inner peace.
- Minimize your stress level
- Pray, laugh, always be kind.
March 2023 – Women’s History Month
March 4, 2023 – International Women’s Day of Prayer
March 8, 2023 – International Women’s Day
April 01, 2023 – Quarterly Day of Fasting and Prayer
May 2023 – National Women’s Health Month
July 22, 2023 – Women’s Ministries Emphasis Day
This provides an opportunity for women to lead out in a worship service and to educate the church regarding the purposes of Women’s Ministries.
August 26, 2023 – enditnow® Emphasis Day is observed the fourth Sabbath in August. This worldwide church initiative is included in the Church’s Calendar of Days and Events. The enditnow® Emphasis Day resource packets are coordinated by the General Conference Women’s Ministries including production of source material and distribution. Six co-sponsoring departments of the General Conference also contribute to the source material: Children’s Ministries, Education, Family Ministries, Health Ministries, Ministerial Association, and Youth Ministries.
September 9, 2023 – Family Togetherness Day of Prayer
October 2023 – National Domestic Violence Month
October 2023 – Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October 7, 2023 – Quarterly Day of Prayer and Fasting
Paula Williams, 480-415-8004
Carol Howerton, 480-528-4276